Experience Libertea

by - March 19, 2018

Hey there, welcome to Daynadream!


In light of all the healthy eating and smoothie-making, I've decided to give myself a bit of a treat and went out for a good ol' cheat meal. I thought, with my never-ending appetite at the moment which strangely I've gotten only ever since the surgery, I wanted to eat something comforting, heavy and of course, scrumptious.  

While having in mind, spareribs with unli rice and cucumber iced tea, I saw this one restaurant that I haven't even tried yet. Army Navy


I never really thought of eating here before as I seldom visit this place. It's well known for mainly 3 products:

1. Fearless Fried Chicken

2. Libertea
3. BURGERS

I cannot stress any further, this place is known for the burgers.

Once you enter, there's this super nice atmosphere and with the interior consisting of white brick finishing with some wooden accents and tin lamps with an orangey white lighting. Kind of like a sailor-vibe.


We were absolutely famished so we immediately ordered food as soon as we got in there. The smell of the food being prepared and cooked to perfection was absolute torture for our hungry souls. 

The food arrived after about 10-15 minutes. So i suggest if you're starving and your consumables take long, visit a store or two, watch a video on your phone or even have a nice conversation if you have company. 

When the food arrived, it was like heaven! I ordered the classic 'Burger' with added bacon and cheese plus a side of homemade fries and iced tea. The burger came wrapped in tin foil, reasons for which i do not know. The anticipation of opening that tinfoil was so exciting! 

And once opened, lo and behold! A beautiful, colorful, vibrant burger awaited.


Sooo glorious! 

Dissecting each aspect of the meal: 

1. Burger- There was a nice juicy to freshness ratio between the meat and the vegetables. The meat itself is cooked on a griddle and has a mellow sweet and tangy taste to it. The vegetables used were definitely fresh as there were no soggy bits. The bacon was cooked to absolute perfection and all the flavors just really complemented each other. Oh! and then buns were not to bun-ny if you know what i mean.

2. Fries- Thin cut. Not too crispy but not soggy, just the right amount of each aspect. And the best part, it tastes like McDonalds twister fries!! I absolutely love twister fries but never really get to eat them since here in the Philippines, they're limited edition and only come out once in a while.

3. Iced Tea- Also called 'Libertea'. Is not as sweet compared to other restaurants that serve that classic Filipino iced tea. This one has a tad bitterness to it. Served with ice and very much cold. Who doesn't love a good word play? haha.




As you can see here, the meal was left to nothingness as devoured by my inner beast hahaha what a way to put it.

My boyfriend ordered the Fearless Fried Chicken and to be honest, it was quite delicious. The flavor of it was different and more on the peppery spiced side rather than the cliche buttermilk fried chicken that you see in other restaurants. The meat was a wee bit tough though but perhaps it wasn't the better serving of the day.



 Over all, I found the experience to be quite fun (all those word plays haha). The price range goes from PHP 170-250 ($3.00- $5.00) per person. In the philippines, let alone Bacolod city, it's a little pricey but I find the portions and the quality of food to balance out that pricing just fine. And if you're looking for a place with good comfort food for the soul, I highly recommend 'Army Navy' as the food hits home just right. 

Then again, that's just my  opinion.


Have a happy day!




You May Also Like

0 comments