The Power to React

by - March 18, 2018


Hey there, welcome to Daynadream!




Today I wanted to talk about transitioning. 
Transitioning along the lines of 'in general'. Whether it's transitioning to a new place, a new environment, or perhaps a new belief, tradition. There's so many aspects in our life that involves a whole lot of transitioning. It can be good but then, it can also be bad.

 For example, moving from one place to another when you've already felt so comfortable in your previous standing. and you think to yourself "Why? Why is it that every time things are going smoothly and i'm finally settled in. Things have to change again?" At this point in time, you know, it's transition period. 



No matter what happens, we can never avoid the pain in transitioning because pain will always be there, it's just how life is. Now what we can do to better the situation, is how we decide to react. As good human beings, we want to be able to not react against something but rather towards it. Rather than thinking to ourselves "Why? Why is this happening to me, damn, this really sucks!" (That would be reacting against it) and then dwelling on the negative on that situation but rather to think along the lines of "Oh damn, okay. Given this situation, what can I do to make light of this? What can moving to this new place benefit me? How can I hone in on my potential in this place? How can I make a difference?" (this would be reacting towards it). By reacting towards it, I mean it as:

A controlled reaction based on the light of approaching the situation from a different perspective.





Recently I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and required surgery to have it removed.  Now, it wasn't anything life threatening or serious compared to a whole lot of people out there going through way worse conditions, but I'm only human so of course, i was shocked and pretty sad about the news. 



But instead on focusing at how miserable i am and how sorry i am for myself, I thought, "Okay, wait. This! This is the reason and the cause of so many problems I've been having for so long in my life!"  I was ecstatic. Why exactly?




For a whole lot of the later years in my life (I talk as if I'm ancient haha) I always had so many health problems. I'd have viruses, flu, infections and so much more. I mean of course the symptoms would die down and eventually go away, but the rate of the speed at how these sicknesses came back, it's absolutely baffling and very much frustrating. Imagine healing from tonsillitis and then all of a sudden you get a gum infection! It's a life full of frustration and ransacking your body with butt-loads of antibiotics and other meds that god knows what they've done to my insides. I never healed completely. But finding out about the cyst which by the way is a whopping 9 x 7 x 9 inches holy jeezus, it cleared out a lot of questions for me in regards to my body. 




The reason why my body could never heal properly was because of the fact that it was constantly trying to get rid of this "monster" inside me and so it could never concentrate on helping the other ailments that i had, completely. After making this discovery, I had felt so sorry for my body as all this time, I had been insulting myself and looking down at the fact that I was such a weakling and that I could never be a strong human being. When in fact, it was the contrary! My body is actually so strong that it would heal me (maybe not completely) but enough to enable me to function properly in life and at the same time, fighting off this huge cyst. My body is not weak, it's a freakin' rock star.




With this changed perspective and outlook on the situation that i had come across with, i was then able to change my reaction to the situation and rather than feeling bad for myself and sulking, I took a turn for the better and saw the beauty and light. 




So yes, it's all a matter of controlling your mind into seeing the better which then enables you to react to the situation in a positive way which causes a ripple effect in your life that creates a type of 'you' that is absolutely unstoppable and unbreakable.




Trust me on this ;)

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, it's a little lengthy haha but i hope it stirred a little bit of that elixir of life inside you!

Have a happy day!




You May Also Like

0 comments